Are you ready to draw closer to The Lord and overcome the obstacles that keep you from studying God's Word? You are invited to be a part of our
Cooking From Scratch:
Women's Bible Study and Cooking Class
on Tuesdays from 6-8 pm
@ Denise Steyaert's home, 408 Madden St, Berryville, VA.
Featuring: The Book of Ephesians and 2 New Recipes a week!
Even if you can't be with us in body, you can join in the daily Bible study challenge! Sign up to be on the email list.
Ingredients for a GREAT Bible Study:
- Connecting with other women
- Praying scripture
- Daily Bible studies emailed to you. (Also available in hard copy! 5 days a week.)
- Bringing it home action points to help you share what you are learning with your family and friends.
- New Bible study tools and skills
- Weekly online encouragement videos
- Weekly memory verse challenge
- 2 new, fast and easy recipes and shopping guide each week
- 8 week study
"...intimate interaction with the Holy Spirit makes all the difference between reading your Bible in a chore-like manner or an academic way to an interaction with the King of Kings and the Lord of lords." (page 3 Cooking from Scratch)
Learn new recipes to feed your body, and learn to open God's Word and feed your soul!
So many women are more and more aware of GMOs in food and are trying to help their families eat organic, healthy meals. What about spiritual GMOs? Are you going right to the organic Word of God? God wants you to get locally sourced food, straight from your own Bible! The same way we need good tools to cook with, we need to know how to use our Bible study tools and skills to read the Bible.
What to bring?
- A three ring binder to put your next week's study guide in, to keep notes with.
- Some extra paper for the binder for any extra notes.
- Something to write with and a highlighter.
- A friend or even a teenage daughter! New people are allowed to join part way through.
- A Bible of your choice. The study uses the 1985 NIV version, but any version will do.
- Sign up on Sign up Genius to bring an ingredient, drink or paper product. (We all know that women lead busy lives, so you don't have to do this every week. Just pick one that works for you and bring something convenient for you!)
Home of Greg & Diane Gum
Following church, join us as we celebrate the new adventure of Earl & Sharon Smith! They will be moving in the very near future and we’d like to have one last shindig to send them off. Greg & Diane are throwing the party at their house. Meat is provided. They just ask that we bring a covered dish or food item for the festivities.
We're so excited for Sunday School to start back up that we're throwing a Kick-Off Brunch to celebrate!
We're doing this "Carry-In" style, so we're asking everyone to bring a breakfast item to throw into the mix. It can be an egg casserole, fruit, doughnuts, bacon, or you name it. We'll provide the coffee and hot drinks.
Help supply FISH, our local food pantry here in Clarke County. Bring your non-perishable food items to church and we'll deliver them to the food pantry for you. You may place them on the designated table in the cafeteria. We collect your donations on the third Sunday every month. Thank you for caring!
Once a month the guys get together over skillets sizzling with bacon and other delicious breakfast items that they are cooking up. After that, they circle up for some Christian fellowship and listen intently as one in their group shares his story of how he came to Christ and how he has grown in the Lord since that day. Follow that up with prayer for one another, and you couldn't ask for a better way to start your day.
This month's breakfast will be held at the home of Greg Gum. If you would like more information, please contact Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HELP NEEDED FOR FOOD BANK
Thursday, July 20 and Friday, July 21
Once a month throughout the year, local community groups take turns working the Clarke County Food Bank which takes place at Duncan Memorial United Methodist Church in Berryville. July is the month that Emmaus Church takes its turn.
Help is needed on Thursday the 20th to unload the food truck and set up the food products on the tables in the church.
Help is needed on Friday the 21st to work the Food Bank at the church. Also, a few delivery people are needed to deliver food to some shut-ins.
Please contact Gary Buck for more information or to volunteer. email@example.com